Entry requirements for travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic

The information on this page covers the most common types of travel and reflects our understanding of the entry requirements currently in place. 

You should consider checking with the authorities in the country or territory you’re travelling to, your transport provider or travel company to make sure your passport and other travel documents meet their requirements.


PCR Testing Reports

A PCR test is a nucleic acid test that’s used to tell you if you currently have COVID-19.

Though in some cases PCR test may not be required (see below explanation), many countries now require a negative PCR swab test result with confirmation that you’re fit to fly to allow you into the country. In addition, test results are usually accepted only when they are in English or in languages that are recognised by the authority.

That means, if you are taking a test from a laboratory in a foreign country, you may need to get your result translated and certified before accepted by the authority of your destination.


Marriage Certificates

You are required to present a marriage certificate to prove a marital relationship if you are:

  1. Applying an entry permission for your spouse
  2. Applying a visa for your spouse
  3. Booking a hotel for quarantine purpose

Please check with the authorities and hotels for more about their requirements.


Work Visa / Employment Letter / Invitation Letter

For some countries, non-resident travellers are prohibited from entering the border during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, there are the exemptions:

  1. Expatriates who have been hired under a registered company in the country
  2. Travelling for business purpose
  3. Travelling for social purpose
  4. Travellers possessing an entry visa

Supporting documents such as employment letter, doctor’s invitation letter, etc, must be presented to the airline / immigration authority or travellers will be denied entering the border.


Insurance Proof

Upon arrival, some countries may require travellers to provide proof of health insurance that covers COVID-19 observation and treatment for the duration of their stay at the point when they enter the border.

In general cases, insurance must be purchased from a company registered or a foreign company that has a representative office or an insurance partner in the country of destination. Supporting documents have to be in the languages that are required by the local authorities, please check with them to see if a certified translation service is needed.


Hotel Booking Proof

As vigorous prevention policies have been imposed by many countries, travellers who are permitted to enter the border are required to stay in a hotel for quarantine. Quarantine is either take place in government designated facilities or hotels designated for the purpose. Travellers are required to book a hotel during the stay and show the proof when boarding or entering the border.

Travellers have to ensure that all proofs are in English or the language that are recognised by the local authorities.


Fit to Fly Certificates

Some countries do not allow people to travel abroad, unless presented with a Fit-to-Fly Certificate  to be issued by the authority of the destination to prove that their reason of travelling be legit.

For most cases certificates are in English which will be accepted by most of the authorities. But it is suggested for travellers to check if those certificates need to be translated and certified before accepted by your authority.


Certified Translation Service

To get the latest entry information, you may have to check with the releases from embassies or airlines. If you need certified translation service for your supporting documents or you are uncertain what certified service is recognised by your destination, you may contact us through the below form or our Whatsapp support here: